Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of JULY!!!!!!

GO AMERICA!!! This is the one day of the year I allow myself to forget about the horrible bad wrotten hypocritical things that America has done/ is doing now and am unabashedly jingoistic. AMERICA #1!!!!

I was roused from my room this morning by a bunch of co-workers waving hand made American flags (with 52 stars and 12 and 10 stripes on them because they werent sure how many there actually were) and cheers of "YAY America." it is going to be a great day, unless of course it rains like crazy like it looks like it wants to do.

I reflect today and realize all the great things that America has brought to the world and the future of all things it still has to offer. The diversity, the ingenuity, the discovery, the constant looking forward at things to come, that is what makes America so great and keeps it as epitome of how things could be for the rest of the world. I am indeed very proud to be an American, especially today.

No comments: